Ok so i know it has been FOREVER since I have posted on here. So here is everything that has been going on for the past 3 months. In november we were all sick for almost the whole month. Emmitt got two different colds that lasted for about a week and a half each. We went up to Rexburg for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with all of the Romney family. Later that day we all went and saw Harry Potter 7 part 1. For most of us it was our second time seeing it and it was even better the second time. It is such a great movie and I think that it is by far the best Harry Potter movie. Later that evening we returned to Gran and Grandpa Joe's house and ate amazing pie.
Emmitt turned 4 months old on December 6th and at his appointment he weighed about 13 lbs and was 26 in long. So that put him in the 90% for height and the 15% for weight. Like I have said before he is super tall and skinny. He is for sure going to be a basketball player and probably a quarter back. lol. Well he had more immunizations that day and they made him really sick. He ran a high fever for two days and just sat in his swing with his monkey. Poor baby I felt so bad for him b/c he had just gotten over his cold. Since he was 4 months old he got to start eating solids which is so much fun. He hated them at first. I started him on rice cereal at first, which he liked ok. Then I started to give him green beans which taste the yuckiest out of all the baby foods. He hated them but I kept giving them to him. Which I know sounds mean but he eventually like them and now he likes everything I give him.
So he finally got over his cold and being sick from shots. Then one week later he got another cold and it lasted for a week. He just wasn't getting any better. So I took him in to the Dr and he had a double ear infection. It was so sad. He had such a hard time and just wasn't feeling good at all. So the Dr put him on an antibiotic and ear drops. So he was sick for christmas. We spent Christmas Eve and Kristin and Craigs house where we did the Nativity and had yummy treats. Then Mike, Emmitt and I went over to my parents house and stayed the night there with them which was fun. The next morning we opened presents with my family and had an amazing breakfast. Emmitt looked so cute in his Christmas pajamas. His first Christmas was fun. He had no idea what was going on but he got a lot of cute clothes and fun toys. After we spent the morning at my parents we went to Mike's parents house b/c Jared was calling us from Brasil on Skype at 1. It was so fun to see him and he got to see Emmitt for the first time. (other than pics)
New Years was fun. A bunch of family on my dads side came up from Arizona and we all hung out at my parents house and played lots of games and just had a great time. Joey and Camie moved up here for school and Brittney and Heather are up at Rexburg.
Emmitt finished his antibiotic but was still sick. So I took him in again and he had another ear infection. So he did another coarse of antibiotics and seemed to be feeling better. Not one week later he was sick again with what seemed to be a sinus infection. I guessed that is what it was b/c the rest of us all had them too. I took him back into the Dr. and sure enough he had a sinus infection and another ear infection. It seriously has been such a rough winter for us health wise. So he was put on a different antibiotic which finally took care of the problem and he has been better ever since.
So my parents 25th wedding anniversary was on Valentines Day this year. So while they were down in Arizona my siblings and I put together a photo album, on Shutterfly.com, of pictures from their wedding all the way up until now. It was 50 pages longs and had over 300 pictures in it. They loved it. It turned out really good and they said it was the best gift they have ever gotten. GO US!!! lol.
So for Valentines Day this year Mike and I went to the Cheesecake factory which is so amazing. I love cheesecake.
Emmitt is 6 months old now!!! I can't beleive it. He is growing up so fast. He is starting to sit up now but he hates it. He arches his back and throws himself backwards so he can lay down again. He would so much rather lay on his tummy and play with toys, lay on his back and chew on his feet or stand up. For some reason he loves standing. I seriously think if he could balance he would stand up all the time and be walking around all over the house. He is such a little goof ball. He weighs 15 lbs and is 27.5 in long. So he is in the 90% for height again and now has dropped to the 10% for weight. I just can't beleive how skinny he is. Lol. Well he has quite the personality now. He is such a little tease and sometimes he is very bashful. Like if someone is talking to him while I am holding him, he will hide his face in my shoulder or chest so they can't see him smiling. He also LOVES the dogs. Every time he sees them he just stares and starts laughing at them. Lola can make him laugh like no other. It is so fun to see him laugh that hard. Well he has been sleeping through the night now for about a month. OMG it is so nice to not have to get up and give him a binky or feed him during the night. He also likes to sleep in sometime which is awesome b/c I do too. lol. Some days we will sleep in until ten. I love that. He is such a good happy baby and he brings so much joy into my life.


Emmitt is such a cutie! I love your family pictures and I love his little washcloth on his head, but I'm so sad he was sick-- poor baby!
ReplyDeleteI am glad Emmitt is as tall and skinny as Isaac. That makes me feel better.