Here he is... Emmitt Michael Romney. He was born on August 6th, 2o1o at 2:39 pm at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 19.5 in long. My water broke at 4am that morning. We made to the hospital around 5am. They checked me and I was almost dilated to a 2. They checked me again at 9:30 and I was barely a three. The nurse discovered then that only one layer of my water had broken and that there was still a pocket in there that hadn't broken yet. She didn't want to break it for me because only a doctor can do that. About half an hour later I decided to get an epidural. It was the scariest thing I have ever done. I did not like it. Once the epidural kicked in I was able to take a nap. I woke up at 11:15 and they checked me again. I was at a 6. Right after the nurse was done checking me the rest of my water broke. 45 minutes after my water broke I called the nurse in again because I was feeling some major pressure and some pain everytime I had a contraction. She checked me again and I was at a 10 already. I couldn't beleive how fast I went. Also, I was so glad to have the epidural because the contractions felt like the ones I was having just before I got it. I can't imagine how painful they would have been if I didn't have it. My doctor wasn't to the hospital yet, so the nurse went and called him again. It took him almost 2 hours to get there. So I just sat there with my family and waited for him. While we were waiting the baby was slowly moving down farther and farther. The pressure was getting pretty intense with every contraction. He finally got there at 2 and I started pushing. Emmitt was born 39 minutes later. I couldn't beleive my luck. I only had to push for about 40 minutes. The nurse said that was amazing for my first and that the rest of my kids will be even faster. I am so lucky. 


Oh I love reading birthing stories:) I hope my labor goes as good as yours.
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be a great mommy, Good luck with everything.